Kali Linux OpenVas ERROR: Your GVM-21.4.1 installation is not yet complete!

Sorry I am not really a Linux guru so not sure where to post properly here in the community. I am running Greenbone Security Assistant Version 21.4.1 on Kali 2021.2 and have OpenVAS able to scan targets but I am not seeing anything in the reports.I have disabled windows firewall and scans complete but absolutely nothing shows up as vfar as current vulnerabilties etc When I run GVM-CHECK-SEtUP I get the following error. Is this the reason I am seeing no data results in my scans??? Is there a command I can run to update this to the necessary version as i cannot find how to do it. Again sorry if posting in wrong place here

ERROR: Greenbone Security Assistant too old or too new: 21.4.1~dev1
FIX: Please install Greenbone Security Assistant >= 21.04.

ERROR: Your GVM-21.4.1 installation is not yet complete!

Please follow the instructions marked with FIX above and run this
script again.

The gvm-check-setup message is unrelated to this and can be ignored (there is a recent thread about this open in this category).

Related to the missing report entries the following might be relevant / related:

There are also a few additional topics with hints available in this category like e.g.

1 Like

This was what it was. The NMAP scanner was not selected by default. I now see the expected results in the scans. Thank you for taking the time to help me out.

3 Likes