ERROR:Report outdated / end-of-life Scan Engine / Environment (local)

I’m having a problem that my openvas has been updated to the latest state, but when I run a scan, it’s still reporting Report outdated / end-of-life Scan Engine / Environment (local) error. Or can you tell me what to do?
Detection Result
Version of installed component: 22.4.1 (Installed component: openvas-libraries on OpenVAS <= 9, openvas-scanner on Greenbone Community Edition >= 10)
Latest available openvas-scanner version: 22.7.3
Reference URL(s) for the latest available version: Greenbone Community Edition 22.4 (stable, initial release 2022-07-25)

Hi,

what’s you installation method? How did you install our software? The installed component(s) are rather dated. You should update them. How to update the components depends on your installation method.

2 Likes

This is installed via apt inside kali, but updates are done using greenbone-feed-sync --type … command to update the data to the latest, is this scanner different from greenbone-feed-sync? Or do I need to update the gvm scanner?

You need to update the whole GVM toolchain, just update the NVTs or the Scanner does not work out. And you need to corresponding manager to the scanner. So you need to update whe complete installation.

1 Like

Is it possible to tell me how I should proceed? My system is kali 2023.1, thank you very much for your help!

You believe you can run sudo apt upgrade on Kali Linux, but warning that this will upgrade many packages on Kali. Since it’s a rolling release distribution, and your version is old (released Jan 2023) you may end up with package conflicts to resolve. I suggest a complete re-installation of Kali Linux to the newest available version.

From there you can follow our Kali installation instructions.

2 Likes

Note that Kali specific support questions (e.g. how to update a specific software) should go over here:

3 Likes