Centralization

Hi,

(I’m french so sorry for my english.)
I try to implement a master and slave architecture. I have created a scanner with information from my slave but when I verify the scanner, it loads continuously. I think that the issue can comes from certificates.

This is what I did concerning certificates:

• I use the openvas-manage-certs on the slave and on the master.
  • It’s a self-signed certificate.
  • In the scanner configuration, I have first import the cacert from the slave and the servercert the second time. Neither of the two work.

I’m totally stuck, I don’t know what to do.

Moreover, I don’t understand why we have to use a slave’s certificat in the scanner configuration.

Thank you in advance for your help

Please upgrade to a actual GVM version, you don´t need this any more.

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer !

You are likely getting an outdated end of life version. See About the Greenbone Community Edition category - Greenbone Community Edition - Greenbone Community Forum for more details about our releases.

3 Likes

I’m sorry but I don’t understand, what’s the difference between GVM and openvas?
If I want to use Openvas, do I have to download everything on the screen?ok

Yes, this are the main components you need to download and install to run the current stable and supported versions of GVM.

3 Likes

Thank you for your help :smiley:

Does anyone has a tip or a link which explain how we install them?

Thanks in advance !

Please read the release notes:

Thanks.

I try to do “cmake .” in the openvas folder but I have the following error :

I have before that installed the gvm libraries folder but I have this (I don’t know if I have to do something else with that) :

Hi,

it seems you are missing write permissions to the file (/root/Téléchargements/…). You can add the permissions with “chmod” command.

Note: I would strongly advice against building / installing as root. You may want to have a look at following posts as well:

2 Likes