Undefined Functions

Can someone help me understand where or what these functions are defined/do :
getbyte
rsop_securitysettingsnumeric
rsop_securitysettingsboolean

Found them on running the openvas-lint :

lib nasl-message: 09:51:48.482: 17164(policy_functions.inc:68) Undefined function ‘rsop_securitysettingsnumeric’
/usr/local/var/lib/openvas/plugins/Policy/Microsoft/Windows10/Account/win10_reset_account_lockout_counter.nasl
Error while processing /usr/local/var/lib/openvas/plugins/Policy/Microsoft/Windows10/Account/win10_reset_account_lockout_counter.nasl. 1 errors found

lib nasl-message: 09:29:34.473: 30489 Undefined function ‘getbyte’
/usr/local/var/lib/openvas/plugins/db2_detect_as.nasl
Error while processing /usr/local/var/lib/openvas/plugins/db2_detect_as.nasl. 1 errors found

lib nasl-message: 09:51:44.852: 17103(policy_functions.inc:71) Undefined function ‘rsop_securitysettingsboolean’
/usr/local/var/lib/openvas/plugins/Policy/Microsoft/WindowsGeneral/Account/win_passwd_complexity_requirements.nasl
Error while processing /usr/local/var/lib/openvas/plugins/Policy/Microsoft/Windows

Hi Achutt,
can you please provide information regarding on what installation and with what feed (version) you get those error messages?

The checks mentioned in your Post are belonging to the Greenbone Enterprise Feed (Paid Content)

1 Like

This is the plugin info for the feed I am currently using:
PLUGIN_SET = “202202211106”;
PLUGIN_FEED = “Greenbone Community Feed”;
FEED_VENDOR = “Greenbone Networks GmbH”;
FEED_HOME = “About Greenbone Community Feed (GCF)”;
FEED_NAME = “GCF”;

Hi @Achutt,

It looks like something is out of sync and you might have run into a mismatch along the way. Something to try is running gvmd --rebuild to see if that fixes it.

Hey DeeAnn, I get the same nasl-lint logs after rebuild too:
getbyte
These functions are throwing errors.

Hi @Achutt,

Thanks for letting us know and we’re checking into it.

Hi @Achutt,

The recommendation is to set up a fresh installation. If you see that issue again, please let us know. Thanks!

1 Like

Note that db2_detect_as.nasl is a third party script which was never part of any feed and is also using a function getbyte which wasn’t part of the scanner or any feed as well.

3 Likes

Noted, guess I picked it up from somewhere
but what about the
functions ?

IIRC the VTs using both functions have been rewritten completely in the past and are now only part of the enterprise feed (Such things only happens rarely and i don’t know the rationale behind it).

Please remove both files from your local file system as these are not part of the GCF and are not maintained by Greenbone anymore so it doesn’t make much sense to keep them. They don’t provide any functionality for the scans as their dependents would need the rewritten variants of them anyway.

3 Likes