Unable to install openvas in virtualbox

These are the error messages

/Var/lib/openvas/feed-update-lock
Unable to install openvas
Tried all possible ways but no luck can someone look into it and help

Hi,

without the exact log output we can’t offer help. Please paste the original log output and also mention the installation method.

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: ParrotOS error - check-gvm-setup script

Hi,

Appreciate your swift response here are error messages that i have come across in Kali purple, and kali linux as well.

1. Failed to start openvas-scanner.service:unit openvas-scanner.service not found.
  2. Job for gvmd.service failed because the control process exited with the error code.
  3. see systemctl status gvmd.service and journalctl -xeu gvmd.service for details
  4. Job for ospd-openvas.service because the control process exited with error code.
    Thanks in advance.

Hi,

you still didn’t answer my question about the installation method. Did you install our software from source or from packages of a Linux distribution like Kali? For the later which distribution did you use?

Second you need to look at /var/log/gvm/gvmd.log and /var/log/gvm/ospd-openvas.log for the error output.

2 Likes

/var/log/gvm/frontend-lock is the error message.
/var/log/gvm/ospd-openvas.log front end lock is the error message that i come across

you still didn’t wrote answers for this. Please mention your installation method and paste the ORIGNAL error output from the logs.

1 Like