Unable to connect rsync: feed.community.greenbone.net

Do you run behind a shared network ? What is your source-IP ? Keep in mind more then 10 tries and your IP need to pause for 24h.

Hi All,

I’m facing an issue while updating the feeds. Could you please help me to resolve this issue?
I’m facing this issue for the last 7days.

rsync: [Receiver] failed to connect to feed.community.greenbone.net (45.135.106.143): Connection timed out (110)
rsync: [Receiver] failed to connect to feed.community.greenbone.net (2a0e:6b40:20:106:20c:29ff:fe7f:d2ae): Network is unreachable (101)

Thanks’ | RC

That post should help you:

Hi. I think that it makes sense to have a limit rate (and thanks for the transparency), although I am sure we got our public IP blocked (we get a connection refused) and we never ran the gvm update command or a netcat to test the connection more than 10 times in one minute. I’m hoping this can be resolved soon…Thanks.

Hi Lukas, Thank you for your help!
My issue got resolved now.

It works now,

1 Like

I’m trying install greenbone 22.4 on ubuntu 22.04. But when I came “Downloading Vulnerability Tests” it doesn’t work.

rsync: [Receiver] failed to connect to feed.community.greenbone.net : Connection timed out (110)
rsync: [Receiver] failed to connect to feed.community.greenbone.net: Network is unreachable (101)
Can someone help me?

Hi,

Connect your system to the Internet you have no IPv6 route here, as well disable the firewall for the RSYNC protocol.

All the debug steps are described above …

Hi are there any updates on this issue? From none of my IPs can I ping feed.community.greenbone.net and consequently I cannot build my docker. Do you have any news?

To the best of my knowledge this system generally doesn’t answer to ICMP echo requests.

Could you elaborate which news are required? To the best of my knowledge such problems are usually originating from network issues on user side (firewall, routing, proxy systems blocking the use of rsync, …).

Only some limitations for “power users” (means if too much connections are done at the same time) seems to be in place which are announced via Important: IP and bandwith limitations on Community Feed

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Unable to connect to feed