SSL/TLS Configuration problem on GSA

I am trying to configure SSL/TLS on my GSA, but I am having trouble getting it to function properly. I followed the instructions from the following resource Workflows - Greenbone Community Documentation, and I am receiving an error " Error response from daemon: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint greenbone-community-edition-gsa-1 (e1c8fc5e8c55ed0672543210fa43f184dd0c383b96bdd39cbd8036864f979a3e): failed to bind port 127.0.0.1:443/tcp: Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp4 127.0.0.1:443: bind: address already in use" when running the following command.
docker-compose -f $DOWNLOAD_DIR/docker-compose.yml -p greenbone-community-edition up -d

I tried changing to different ports but received the same error message with the changed port.

There is something else running on port 443 … check it with ss and stop the process.

1 Like

I do not see 443 being used by any process, the output result for ss grep came back empty for some reason. I tried changing it to a different port just to see if it makes any difference again, same error, just changed the port # at the end.

You are aware that only root can bind to ports below 1024 ?

1 Like

I was unaware of that, so the currently logged-in account would’ve no impact if configured to use ports lower than 1024 correct? is there a way to bind the port under the root to? Thanks!