SCAP/CERT feed not working for GVM10 on Ubuntu 16

Hello!

I am trying to rsync SCAP/CERT feed after fresh install of GVM on Ubuntu 16. However, it keeps trying to old URL (feed.openvas.org) even though I am using updated GVMD (v8.0.2 with new URL feed.community.greenbone.net).
Surprisingly “greenbone-nvt-sync” doesn’t have any issue. I tried “gvm-manage-certs -a -f” also which worked. But still getting this error:

Using the following versions:
gvm-libs/v10.0.2
openvas/v6.0.2
gvmd/v8.0.2
gsa/v8.0.2
ospd/v1.3.2
openvas-smb/v1.0.5

Please update your software, esp. the gvmd. As you noticed the old legacy feed server is turned off. Additional do not run any feed-sync as root as you do.

The scap and certdata sync is only a wrapper for the feed-snyc so you are calling the wrong script.

A wild guess is:

You have two versions of greenbone-scapdata-sync and greenbone-certdata-sync installed on your system, one of them in older versions (e.g. from a previous installation) still using the deprecated feed.openvas.org. And the ones using the deprecated URLs probably have a higher priority in your PATH.

Note that greenbone-scapdata-sync and greenbone-certdata-sync are still the correct commands to call for GVM-10, these are only wrappers like previously mentioned starting from GVM-20.08.