Report outdated / end-of-life Scan Engine / Environment (local) OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.25623.1.0.108560

I am getting the Report outdated / end-of-life Scan Engine / Environment (local) OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.25623.1.0.108560](https://10.0.0.63/nvt/1.3.6.1.4.1.25623.1.0.108560) result. This appears to terminate the scan, how can I get this overridden so the scan completes?
I’ve read the manual and setup the override and after the scan it shows that the rule is overridden but the scanner seems to ignore this. the web interface will hide the result correctly if allow_override=1 is set. I also have “Apply Overrides: Yes” set in the task.

I should mention my platform doesn’t have an updated scanner package which is why this check is being caught.

Hello and welcome to this community forums.

I can guarantee that this is not the case and the VT itself doesn’t have any influence on the scan, especially it doesn’t terminate anything.

It is more likely that the environment in question is actually affected by the following described in the summary of the VT itself due to the usage of an outdated scan engine:

• missing bugfixes

Instead of trying to hide the result it is strongly recommended to contact the maintainer of the platform and asking for an update of the scanner.

4 Likes