Problem while installing GVM

There’s a problem in starting ospd-openvas.service.

Step 7: Checking if GVM services are up and running …
Starting ospd-openvas service
Job for ospd-openvas.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See “systemctl status ospd-openvas.service” and “journalctl -xeu ospd-openvas.service” for details.
Waiting for ospd-openvas service
ERROR: ospd-openvas service did not start.
Please check journalctl -xe

ERROR: Your GVM-22.4.0 installation is not yet complete!

Please follow the instructions marked with FIX above and run this
script again.

The last step of installation is giving an error. Is there any way to solve this error?

You need to check the logs for errors. This can have several reasons.

1 Like

@jdroy1510,

Have you gotten to the bottom of this just yet? I have a docker container that installs openvas and I haven’t changed it in 6+ months. It’s always run every time without any issues up until about a week or two ago. My issue is the same as yours and I haven’t gotten any closer to resolving it.

The errors that I’ve identified aren’t all that helpful, at least IMHO.

Just fixed a typo. Of course you need to check the logs for error details. Without the error details even guessing is difficult.

1 Like

Details show me that:PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘/etc/gvm/ospd-openvas.conf’
I’m a newbie so I don’t how to do to solve this problem.Can you help me?

Hi @wjdky,

please create a new topic for your issue next time. Both issues may be completely unrelated! Also please always provide your installation method (source build, containers, distribution packages,…) of our software stack and installed versions. Without these details we can only guess again.

The error most likely indicates that the directory /etc/gvm/ doesn’t exist. But to give you the correct shell command for fixing that I need to know your installation method.

1 Like