Podman container not clearing down openvas --scan-start

Hi All,

I am experiencing an issue with the Greenbone Community containers when running under Podman on Rocky 8.8 and wondered if anyone else has come across it or can suggest a fix?

After starting a scan I can see the “openvas --scan-start {report-id}” process starting, however, it does not clear after the scan has completed - I do see it clear using the same containers but running under Docker on Ubuntu 22.

Thanks in advance!
APKG

EDIT with additional info: I am having this issue on 2 separate Rocky 8.8 servers both running the Greenbone Community containers in Podman.

I followed the logs at the end of a scan on both Rocky/Podman and Ubuntu/Docker setups and found 1 difference, but I’m unsure if it’s related. The Ubuntu/Docker setup shows the below just before the “Host scan finished” message from ospd-openvas-1, which I do not see on the Rocky/Podman setup.

“mqtt-broker-1 | 1716550208: Client cb3f2f7f-e32c-47ca-82d3-8440fe3a0098 closed its connection.”

I have since moved the Greenbone containers to running under Podman on Ubuntu 24 LTS servers and do not have this issue. So it was something related to Rocky, but is not longer an issue for us.