Openvas Master / Slave Setup

Hey Guys so i recently became in charge of openvas in the company and upgrading a very old system i deployed two nodes using this guide Building from Source - Greenbone Community Documentation on debian but there is no way to get the second node to listen on 9390 and im not sure which services im suposed to reconfigure to get it working is there a more up to date guide on this topic? any help would be very appreciated.

I have figured it out for version 22.4 the ospd-openvas.service file needs to be edited to this

[Unit]
Description=OSPd Wrapper for the OpenVAS Scanner (ospd-openvas)
Documentation=man:ospd-openvas(8) man:openvas(8)
After=network.target networking.service redis-server@openvas.service
Wants=redis-server@openvas.service
ConditionKernelCommandLine=!recovery
[Service]
Type=forking
User=gvm
Group=gvm
RuntimeDirectory=ospd
RuntimeDirectoryMode=2775
PIDFile=/var/run/ospd/ospd-openvas.pid
ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/ospd-openvas --unix-socket /run/ospd/ospd-openvas.sock --log-level DEBUG --bind-address 0.0.0.0 --port 9390 -k /var/lib/gvm/private/CA/clientkey.pem -c /var/lib/gvm/CA/clientcert.pem --ca-file /var/lib/gvm/CA/cacert.pem --pid-file /var/run/ospd/ospd-openvas.pid --log-file /var/log/gvm/ospd-openvas.log --lock-file-dir /var/run/ospd --socket-mode 0o770 --mqtt-broker-address localhost --mqtt-broker-port 1883 --notus-feed-dir /var/lib/notus/advisories
SuccessExitStatus=SIGKILL
Restart=always
RestartSec=60
[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

then reload the daemon and restart gmv and ospd openvas

systemctl daemon-reload
systemctl restart gvmd ospd-openvas

and last but not least create a new scanner to work on port 9390

gvmd --create-scanner=“Slave_Scanner” --scanner-type=“OpenVAS” --scanner-host=/var/run/ospd/ospd-openvas.sock

3 Likes