OpenVAS 9 Stopped at 1%

Good morning,
I am running OpenVAS 9.0.0 2796.el7.art as installed per repo on CentOS 7. All scheduled tasks have stopped at 1%. Manually started tasks seem to run fine. I can’t see anything obvious in the logs. Where would I have to begin?
TIA, Matthias

Hi,

moved to the correct category as this problem is not related to Vulnerability Tests at all (Please see the About the Vulnerability Tests category description for the purpose of this previous used category).

For the problem itself a starting point could be to compare the current used versions of the OpenVAS/GVM packages with the GVM-9 (stable, initial release 2017-03-07) releases.

If those are not matching the versions your distro packages are providing you could contact the maintainer of the packages to get updates or build the newer versions from source.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: How to compare the current used versions of the OpenVAS/GVM packages with the GVM-9 stable release?

I am new to GSA/OpenVAS. Please in your response be as specific as possible. In turn I will try to provide as much info here as to my problem.

I am running OpenVAS Kali GNU/Linux Rolling as a VirtualBox VM. Virtual Box and Kali are up to date. I am running Greenbone Security Assistant version 7.0.3

In the /var/log/openvas/openvassd.message file I see the message SIGSEGV Occured! I assume that’s the reason my scans are stopping at 1%.

I understand in reading that there’s a OpenVAS version 9 and a version 10. Here are my questions:

1. How do I know what version of OpenVAS I am on? Is “OpenVAS and GSA” the same thing?
  2. How do I know which ones of GSA and/or OpenVVASE will not get the SIGSEGV fault?
  3. How do I revert to that version?

Thank You