Official schema definition of GMP

Hello. I wonder if there is any place or way to obtain the official, complete RNC definitions file or, better yet, WSDL? Despite searching thoroughly, I could not find one. You publish RNC piece by piece in the documentation (TechDoc Portal), unfortunately, when I scrap those definitions into a singular file, a lot of bugs/inconsistencies pop up*. I sincerely doubt this to be caused by the scrapping mechanism since manual checking does not uncover any differences in the definitions.
My goal is to generate model classes to communicate with GVMD so I wonder if and where from I can acquire the whole definition?

• Such as:
gmp-doc.rnc:946:1: error: multiple definitions of "note_active" without "combine" attribute

BTW. Thank you for your efforts in developing OpenVAS.

Hello, and welcome to the Greenbone community forum. Please feel free to point out the specific issue you are having with the GMP RNC documentation. Unfortunately, there is no WSDL available.

1 Like

To sum up. My main issue is that there is no single RNC file that defines the whole GMP api.

Second issue is that even if I scrap parts of RNC from doc into single one it is not valid anyway. One of bugs is attached in my previous post (error: multiple definitions of "note_active" without "combine" attribute) and is likely to occur because in doc (6.12.2 RNC) we have:

note_active
 = element active
     {
       boolean
     }

but also

note_active
 = element active
     {
       integer
     }

There are more bugs, but I think that we should start at the source. Are these RNCs generated from code or something else (then we should fix the process) or are they are hand written (so we should collect them all in one place (here?) and fix them one by one)?