NVTs must be available while rebuilding configs

I’m (occasionally) using GVM on Kali Linux. I did have it working a while ago, but I recently applied all current Kali Linux updates to the system, and now I can’t get GVM to work.

“gvm-check-setup -h” says installation is OK. (I know that script is provided by Kali, I mention it here only as a data point.)

But when I tried to launch a Task I was getting error message “Failed to find port_list ‘33d0cd82-57c6-11e1-8ed1-406186ea4fc5‘”.

I found various forum posts regarding this, but nothing seems to be helping; after successfully syncing both “gvmd-data” and “nvt” I’m not able to rebuild the config.

Here’s the terminal output of what I’m getting when I try to re-sync and build the config:

$ sudo -u _gvm greenbone-feed-sync --type gvmd-data
Trying to acquire lock on /var/lib/gvm/feed-update.lock
Acquired lock on /var/lib/gvm/feed-update.lock
⠏ Downloading gvmd data from rsync://feed.community.greenbone.net/community/data-feed/22.04/ to /var/lib/gvm/data-objects/gvmd/22.04
Releasing lock on /var/lib/gvm/feed-update.lock

$ sudo -u _gvm greenbone-feed-sync --type nvt
Trying to acquire lock on /var/lib/openvas/feed-update.lock
Acquired lock on /var/lib/openvas/feed-update.lock
⠦ Downloading Notus files from rsync://feed.community.greenbone.net/community/vulnerability-feed/22.04/vt-data/notus/ to /var/lib/notus
⠙ Downloading NASL files from rsync://feed.community.greenbone.net/community/vulnerability-feed/22.04/vt-data/nasl/ to /var/lib/openvas/plugins
Releasing lock on /var/lib/openvas/feed-update.lock

$ sudo -u _gvm gvmd --rebuild-gvmd-data=all
Failed to rebuild gvmd data: NVTs must be available while rebuilding configs.

$

“gvmd.log” says only:

md   main:MESSAGE:2024-04-05 18h51.13 utc:3110:    Greenbone Vulnerability Manager version 23.3.0 (DB revision 255)
md manage:MESSAGE:2024-04-05 18h51.13 utc:3110: No SCAP database found
md manage:MESSAGE:2024-04-05 18h51.14 utc:3110: Rebuilding configs from feed...
md   main:WARNING:2024-04-05 18h51.14 utc:3110: Failed to rebuild gvmd data: NVTs must be available while rebuilding configs.

Help debugging and resolving this would be appreciated. Thanks.