NVT feed not updating

Hi All,

First time here so please bear with me :slight_smile:

I’m running Greenbone with docker on Ubuntu; I noticed the feeds weren’t updating for some time, I inherited the system.

I managed to get into the right container and execute the greenbone-feed-sync, it only runs with --type, so executed it one at a time for SCAP, GVMD and CERTS, but there is no option for NVT.

I have trawled the documentation and can find reference to greenbone-nvt-sync but that’s not in my installation; upon restarting the openers server the feed status for NVT does goto current, then old, indicating that the scripts haven’t been updated.

How do I resolve this?! I’m not entirely sure where to continue research.

Thanks
J

Hi,

please explain what you have done more sophisticatedly.

What does that mean? Do you followed Greenbone Community Containers 22.4 - Greenbone Community Documentation?

Why did you do that? Which guide did you follow?

Personally I guess you don’t use the official docker containers and instead some other random containers. We are not aware of these container images nor can we support them. Most of them are broken in some kind.

Hey!

Thanks for responding.

Pretty confident it’s the Greenbone provided docker containers, they are called greenbone-community* and the presence of the start and setup script that is provided.

I ran greenbone-feed-sync as the admin page said they were out of date, and that script is what I found through research to resolve.

Thanks

Ok good to know.

Please take a look at Greenbone Community Containers 22.4 - Greenbone Community Documentation for all kind of hints and help on how to use the official Greenbone Community Containers. They work differently and for updating the feed you just need to run a docker compose pull and up. In 99% of all cases you can forget about greenbone-feed-sync when using the official container images.

1 Like

Thanks, appreciate the advice I’ll give it a go