No update available for Report outdated / end-of-life Scan Engine / Environment (local)

according to my scans I have a 10.0 CVE staring at me: “Report outdated / end-of-life Scan Engine / Environment (local)” this week, starting around July 4 2023.

however, per an attempted update:
$ sudo apt install gvm
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree… Done
Reading state information… Done
gvm is already the newest version (22.4.1).

is the missing update a Kali problem?

server: Kali-rolling in hyper-V
gsad --version: Greenbone Security Assistant 22.04.1~git
gvmd --version: Greenbone Vulnerability Manager 22.4.2

1 Like

This issue has also been reported for the Docker Containers. Search recent posts in the forum. Sorry, I don’t have time to link the other threads on the forum that have discussed this topic recently.

The thread about this issue on the community containers can be found at Scan has Report Outdated finding on newly provisioned Greenbone Community Containers

1 Like

While it looks similar to docker it seems the OP is using the Kali Linux packages and in this case the following from the description of the reporting should apply:

If you’re using packages provided by your Linux distribution please contact the maintainer of the used distribution / repository and request updated packages.

1 Like

I have the same problem here.
I am using Kali. Had a look at the atomicorp (which I think is used for Rocky/CentOS) but also 22.4.2 is the latest available.

Scan says i have to install 22.7.2 … wow. but not available.
Will we be forced to use the Greenbone Enterprise TRIAL VM?

You can always compile it from the source or use a community container.

1 Like

Or just create an override.

1 Like

It seems a user has now requested to update the components in Kali via:

https://bugs.kali.org/view.php?id=8387

1 Like

Wonderful, hope they sort it out as soon as possible.

An update from that issue from the Kali package maintainer(s):

We are working on the update. Currently it’s only available in kali-experimental.

1 Like

I was able to update successfully last week on Kali.
Thanks

2 Likes