Master/Slave scan gets interrupted

Hi,

I am running a Master/Slave environment using GVM-10 latest stable release installed from source on Debian 10.1.0.

When executing a scan on the slave which is initiated and controlled from the master, I see a “read_from_client_tls: failed to read from client: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.” message on the slave and at the same time a “manage_cleanup_process_error: Error exit, setting running task to Interrupted” message on the master at around 50% completion of the scan and about 1 hour of scan time.

Even though the scan seems to continue on the slave, the connection back to the master is broken and the scan is stuck at 50% on the master.

Has anyone seen this issue as well and can help me to get that solved?

Thanks

GVM versions

Greenbone Security Assistant 8.0.1
Greenbone Vulnerability Manager 8.0.1
OpenVAS Scanner 6.0.1
GVM Libraries 10.0.1

Environment

Debian 10.1.0
4.19.0-6-amd64

你的主从怎么设置的,从机是安装的gvm-10吗,还是osp

For those not speaking Chinese, here is google’s translation of what wain wrote:

How is your master set up, is the gvm-10 installed, or osp?

1 Like

The Master/Slave communication is done by GVMD.
OSP is not been used nor installed.

I’ve found an issue which exactly describes the behavior I have do see:
https://github.com/greenbone/gvmd/issues/701.
The solution is upgrading to “Greenbone Vulnerability Manager 8.0.2”, which to my knowledge is not release yet. Is anyone aware if and when “Greenbone Vulnerability Manager 8.0.2” will be released to solve this?

1 Like

I’m sorry, I pay attention next time

No worries, such things happen, especially if someone uses auto-translate in their browser :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was that

:joy:

That’s what I thought :wink:

@bricks might be able to answer this question. An alternative could be to update to the GVM 11 (end-of-life, initial release 2019-10-14) - Greenbone Community Edition - Greenbone Community Forum (GVMd 8.0 is part of GVM-10).