Libellux Documentation “E1187: Failed to source defaults.vim” and does not continue

Hello
I’m using the following script to install gvm on ubuntu 22.04.01 LTS and it stops with “E1187: Failed to source defaults.vim” and does not continue.
Any suggetions?

gpg: WARNING: unsafe permissions on homedir '/tmp/openvas-gnupg'
gpg: keybox '/tmp/openvas-gnupg/pubring.kbx' created
gpg: /tmp/openvas-gnupg/trustdb.gpg: trustdb created
gpg: key 9823FAA60ED1E580: public key "Greenbone Community Feed integrity key" imported
gpg: Total number processed: 1
gpg:               imported: 1
gpg: WARNING: unsafe permissions on homedir '/tmp/openvas-gnupg'
gpg: inserting ownertrust of 6
E1187: Failed to source defaults.vim
Press ENTER or type command to continue
visudo: /etc/sudoers.tmp unchanged
./gvm.sh: line 286: syntax error near unexpected token `('
./gvm.sh: line 286: `%sudo   ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL'

This is line 286

%sudo   ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL

That is not a command…
It is a string for sudoers-file.
visudo is an INTERACTIVE editor for that file.

Yes, I was just stating the error and the error stated line 286.

Hi,

I’ve moved your question to a new topic because it was completely unrelated to the previous discussion.

1 Like

thank you for doing that

I would create an issue at Issues · libellux/Libellux-Up-and-Running · GitHub as this either seems to be a problem in that script (e.g. sudo visudo is called and the two later lines which should be added to the interactive prompt are just included in the script itself as commands) or some specific requirements which are not clearly documented (e.g. maybe this sudo visudo handling in that script is only working with a specific editor).

1 Like

Hey! it’s not a “script” as stated on the website. Its more of a step-by-step installation (to copy+paste directly to the CLI) without the descriptions found if you read the entire guide.

But Libellux-Up-and-Running/ubuntu-22_04_GVM-22.4.0.sh at master · libellux/Libellux-Up-and-Running · GitHub contains the #!/bin/bash shebang and a .sh file ending so i would assume that the script can be used successfully in a terminal / via bash.

If this is not the case then i would suggest to prevent that users are running the script (e.g. via an early exit including a warning or similar)

Well if you read and know bash its quite obvious that its not a script which I also state. The reason its the shebang is only for visuals when I use my editor :slight_smile:

“The lines in the “scripts” below has been used for testing and successfully configured GVM. You may use the testing guide to install GVM or follow our detailed step-by-step tutorial below to install GVM 22.4.0.”

Yes, indeed. But the less familiar / beginning users are often just taking the script and trying to run it like seen previously :slightly_smiling_face: