Few days after the first setup/usage (April 17), I performed a second VA session.
After starting GCE, from the textual menu I launched the feeds update.
The process completed regularly and the updated feeds information (April 17) was displayed.
The abnormal behavior starts in the feeds details screen of the WebConsole, where I still found only the feeds uploaded during the first feed update (it was April 12), while there should be also the updated feeds released on April 17:
I was sure that the list was missing feeds because checking online on “secinfo.greenbone.net” I’ve been able to find the new available feeds.
As I’m evaluating the product for a purchase, I sincerely need your help to know which are the needed steps to solve this issue.
Did you started a manual feed sync ? If not this would explain your issue … alternative you can run the virtual appliance over 24h … A restart did not help you at all, if the VM is down during the regular update time.
Did you forced a manual feed sync, this might take some minutes.
yes, the manual feeds update has been exactly the operation I performed on 17 April (it was the 2nd feeds update I performed after the first one executed during the installation).
It’s been the 2nd manual feeds update which led me to the issue I shown in my images.
In my opinion it looks like there have been some kind of “corruption/indexes not updated” in the feeds db, that should explain why if I access the “web console” via “Extras/Feed status” I have a result similar to “GOS”, (it means feeds updated to 17 April) and why accessing the “web console” via “SecInfo/NVTs” I have available only the feeds until 12 April (which was the date of the first feeds upload date).
Besides the temporary license key is expired, so performing a 3rd feeds manual update will also delete all the enterprise feeds I previously downloaded.
Anyway I will follow your indications to troubleshoot the issue.
yes, I always stopped gracefully the VM (it means following the procedure you mentioned).
I supposed that performing some maintenance via shell commands would be helpful to recover from this situation… anyway, given the expiration of the trial license key I received from Greenbone, I decided to goin’ on with the purchase of a Maven instance (yesterday I sent an email to Lena).
Maven should be the right choice for my targets, it means:
performing specific servers VAs, having an adequate evaluation of the installed enterprise software (let’s say that I definitely need the Greenbone official feeds)
Besides with Maven I will get official email support from Greenbone, so I’m pretty sure that also our interaction will be smoother.
Thanks for your time