I can't start notus-scanner

i’m building GVM from source with Raspberry Pi OS Lite.

At the end of the building, gvm, gsad , osp work and are activate but i can’t start notus scanner because it can’t find the files to execute
when i do the command :
sudo systemctl status notus-scanner

i have the error:

Process: 4062 ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/notus-scanner --products-directory /var/lib/notus/products --log-file /var/log/gvm/notus-scanner.log (code=exited, status=203/EXEC)

and when i do journalctl -xe :

on the Raspberry . I tried 3 times to redo everything and execute comand by command but i have the same error.

yet, when i created a VM on debian Bulleyes to test this before coding on raspberry it work fine.

do you have an idea to resolve the problem?

Most likely notus-scanner wasn’t installed in /usr/local/bin due to issues with Distributions patching Python which causes unexpected behavior of pip (https://github.com/greenbone/docs/pull/245). You need to add or remove the --prefix while running pip install.

1 Like

Hello , i just tryed ur solution , ( without the --prefix) and this time , i have an error for the utils

Would be nice if you could paste the output of the pip install and cp (sudo cp -rv $INSTALL_DIR/* /) commands to get some more details on the installation process and what’s actually happening on your side.

1 Like