I can't scan Failed to find config ‘daba56c8-73ec-11df-a475-002264764cea’

In short, I downloaded the latest version of Kali Linux, installed everything according to the instructions, but when I try to scan, the error Failed to find config ‘daba56c8-73ec-11df-a475-002264764cea’ comes up (I’m new and this is my first time encountering it, I hope you can help me)

• Problem: Failed to find config ‘daba56c8-73ec-11df-a475-002264764cea’

Hello and welcome to the Greenbone Community Forum.

Check your feed status under Administration > Feed Status. Is the “GVMD_DATA” feed current? Also check Configuration > Scan Configs. Your error message indicates that the “Full and fast” config is missing, which is the default configuration for scanning tasks.

What’s happened Update in progress…

I read in the form that someone also had the same crap happen, like it did not synchronize

it says this almost everywhere
(I understand that maybe I’m very stupid)

If you freshly installed Greenbone CE, it can take some time for the first feed sync to finish, even up to some hours depending on the speed of your system.

Keep calm, wait for some time and check the logs if you think that something may be wrong.

2 Likes

As I understand it, you just need to leave it turned on for a while and it will correct itself, right? that is, just sudo gvm-start?

Yes, just leave it running for a while. I use the community containers instead of the Kali version, so I can’t give you accurate commands for that.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Can you tell me how long this usually takes?

Check my previous answer. It heavily depends on the speed of your system, and the first sync always takes longest. If you think that something may be wrong, check the log files.

Ah, got it

and you don’t know how to see progress

There is no progress indicator. If you check the logs, you can see which file is being pulled currently though.

Anywhere we can submit an enhancement to provide a message that while the feeds synchronise / update the scan engine won’t be available. I found this out by trial and error and it was deeply frustrating. This is a simple thing to acomplish.

Not sure which software component would be responsible for this but the tracker for these where e.g. enhancement suggestions could be done are available here:

Thanks CFI

1 Like