I am compiling and installing Ubuntu

I’m compiling and installing Ubuntu, but I have a problem. When I pull the source package, I’m prompted that I can’t find it

docs-main/src/common/source-build/gvm-libs/download.rst

curl -f -L https://github.com/greenbone/gvm-libs/archive/refs/tags/v$GVM_LIBS_VERSION.tar.gz -o $SOURCE_DIR/gvm-libs-$GVM_LIBS_VERSION.tar.gz
curl -f -L https://github.com/greenbone/gvm-libs/releases/download/v$GVM_LIBS_VERSION/gvm-libs-$GVM_LIBS_VERSION.tar.gz.asc -o $SOURCE_DIR/gvm-libs-$GVM_LIBS_VERSION.tar.gz.asc

What should I do? Teach me

docs-main/src/22.4

hi qwqw.

Can you please paste the output of the terminal/shell? What error occured? What step failed?

Can I install version 22 of this linked package:

I installed to step 1

I don’t quite understand

… code-block::
:caption: Building gvm-libs

mkdir -p $BUILD_DIR/gvm-libs && cd $BUILD_DIR/gvm-libs

cmake $SOURCE_DIR/gvm-libs-$GVM_LIBS_VERSION
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$INSTALL_PREFIX
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release
-DSYSCONFDIR=/etc
-DLOCALSTATEDIR=/var

make -j$(nproc)

… code-block::
:caption: Installing gvm-libs

make DESTDIR=$INSTALL_DIR install

sudo cp -rv $INSTALL_DIR/* /

rm -rf $INSTALL_DIR/*

Hi @qwqw

the end goal with this part is to build a library that interfaces with the operating system and will also help power the main application (s).

The things with the “$” are variables that were given names earlier in the instructions using “export” and if any of those are empty look back up in the documentation to find it and re-run the export command.

In this part, by following the instructions- you will be creating directories, using the variable names to pass version numbers and system locations, explicitly defining system locations, using “make” to build the library, and then cleaning up a temporary directory that you created to build it.

(edit- I’m editing this post at times to rephrase things, to those reading along if I missed anything please feel free to add).

2 Likes

docs-main/src/common/source-build/prerequisites.rst

I found it ,Thank you

1 Like

I am now from git clone. What are the other two methods

• Building from release tarballs_
  • Building from git tags
  • Building from release branches

Can’t find tar.gz

What kind of ‘git clone’ does it belong to

These are all different ways of obtaining and using the source code and they may have different versions (including development and possibly untested versions) of the source code within them. This point is like picking a train to get to the destination, so you want to choose one and stay with it for the rest of the process. Git clone is a copy of a version, git tags are following specific items (this is a very short description). What you will want to try for the best chance at building and stability is to use the tarball. A tarball is a set of files (compressed). In this case the tarball already contains the files that go with the other things you have done. If you can’t find the tarball, recheck your export variables back upward in the documentation (a place to look at is “versions”).

3 Likes

’gvm-libs‘ Installation completed。Have a rest

1 Like

You got this :clap: :grinning: and yep! It’s good to take breaks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

in openvas-smb
’openvas-smb

… include:: /common/source-build/openvas-smb.rst ‘

→ make -j$(nproc)

An error occurred:

xin@controller:~/build/openvas-smb$ make -j$(nproc)
[ 0%] Generating IDL C-Sources
/bin/sh: 1: /home/xin/source/openvas-smb/samba/build_idl.sh: Permission denied
make[2]: *** [samba/CMakeFiles/samba-static.dir/build.make:359: samba/librpc/gen_ndr/ndr_atsvc.h] Error 126
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:135: samba/CMakeFiles/samba-static.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:156: all] Error 2

But it seems unimportant,I only use it on Linux

in ‘Performing a System Setup ’
… include:: /common/source-build/admin-user.rst
error:
xin@controller:~/build/gvmd$ gvmd --create-user=admin --password=
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `newline’

cat->log
xin@controller:~/build/gvmd$ cat /var/log/gvm/gvmd.log
md main:MESSAGE:2022-09-13 07h31.52 utc:20470: Greenbone Vulnerability Manager version 22.4.1~dev1 (DB revision 250)
md manage:WARNING:2022-09-13 07h31.52 utc:20470: Failed to open lock file ‘/run/gvmd/gvm-checking’: Permission denied
md main:CRITICAL:2022-09-13 07h31.52 utc:20470: gvmd: Error trying to get checking lock
md main:MESSAGE:2022-09-13 07h33.20 utc:20475: Greenbone Vulnerability Manager version 22.4.1~dev1 (DB revision 250)
md manage:WARNING:2022-09-13 07h33.20 utc:20475: Failed to open lock file ‘/run/gvmd/gvm-checking’: Permission denied
md main:CRITICAL:2022-09-13 07h33.20 utc:20475: gvmd: Error trying to get checking lock

I encountered an error
xin@controller:~$ systemctl status gvmd.service
× gvmd.service - Greenbone Vulnerability Manager daemon (gvmd)
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/gvmd.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Wed 2022-09-14 02:52:08 UTC; 1min 42s ago
Docs: man:gvmd(8)
Process: 26070 ExecStart=/usr/local/sbin/gvmd --osp-vt-update=/run/ospd/ospd-openvas.sock --list>
CPU: 2ms

Sep 14 02:52:08 controller systemd[1]: gvmd.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
Sep 14 02:52:08 controller systemd[1]: Stopped Greenbone Vulnerability Manager daemon (gvmd).
Sep 14 02:52:08 controller systemd[1]: gvmd.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Sep 14 02:52:08 controller systemd[1]: gvmd.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
Sep 14 02:52:08 controller systemd[1]: Failed to start Greenbone Vulnerability Manager daemon (gvmd)

I found that the source code installation script is trying

What you’ll generally want to do is when you get an error is to fix that before moving on, as a single error or something missing can cause later errors. In this case you had a permissions error. Continuing with that kind of error makes it hard to track it later because you end up in a situation where some things might work and others don’t. It also looks like you’re pulling from a development version. What I’d recommend is starting again with a fresh setup, and stop and investigate each error and clear it before moving on to the next step.

2 Likes

Hi, I am really not sure why you are running in all these issues here but for me it seems you are not very familiar with a shell and/or building from source. Please follow the docs as closely as possible and if you close your shell/terminal/console you always need to restart from the beginning with setting the environment variables. These variables are only set for your current environment. That also means you can’t run some commands in a different shell/terminal/console. You need to run the commands step by step. AND if you run into some trouble you need to paste your error here. Otherwise nobody is able to help you. The more information you provide the more likely somebody can help you.

2 Likes

I seem to have successfully installed on VMware.
and closed the firewall:”ufw disable“
But I entered ‘192.166.85.132:9392’ in the browser, and there was no response
‘192.166.85.132:9392’ come from VMware ip