How to Filter by Tags or OS in Greenbone Security Assistant Reports?

Hello everyone,
I want to filter my latest report by OS.
I’m trying to manage vulnerabilities more efficiently by focusing on specific operating systems within my latest scans. I attempted to filter by tags in the latest report within the GSA, aiming to segregate and address vulnerabilities on openSUSE systems first. However, using tags did not work as expected…

My Scan scans a whole VLAN including different operating systems.
In /report I can see the results of each host. But is there a possibility to filter this list by the OS? Because using the operating systems field isn’t that productive…

Could anyone advise how to properly filter the report to only show vulnerabilities associated with a particular operating system, like openSUSE?
Any guidance or alternative suggestions that might help achieve this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your help!

Greenbone Security Assistant 22.08.0
Greenbone Vulnerability Manager 23.1.0

As far as I am aware, it’s not possible to filter reports by OS. You can filter hosts by OS with the os_id filter, however it doesn’t work for reports unfortunately.

If you REALLY need this, you could export reports as XML and look for Operating System (OS) Detection results in the host’s details. The best_os_txt and best_os_cpe fields might prove useful to you.

2 Likes