How much space does the gvm take up after full update?

Hi everyone! How much space does the gvm 23 take up after downloading all components, add-ons, updates, databases, feeds, etc.? I was missing 78 GB in pure kali-linux 2024.1(((

That depends on your database maintenance and your system administration skills. I would suggest you analyze your tool chain and check what is using up the space. It is not possible to give a generic answer to that.

Additional i saw a lot of log files are being written when you run it in verbose mode or you have a process loop due to a setup error.

Check log rotation and retention as well :wink: Vacuum you database but this are not GVM specific tasks, the GVM components cleaning up the NVT folder after a succsessful sync :wink:

If I just follow the instruction:
0 pure kali 2024
1 sudo apt update and sudo apt update
2 sudo apt install gvm -y
3 sudo gvm-setup
4 sudo gvm-check-setup
5 sudo gvm-feed
How much free space do I need to reserve by the end of the fifth step? Without dancing with a tambourine (compression, optimization, etc.).

Please ask Kali specific questions at the Kali resources, uncoordinated installations can´t be supported here.

OK, let’s leave kali aside. Tell me, please, how much space will gvm take after installing, downloading, unpacking and preparing all updates and additions (including feeds)? The operating system (of your choice) is clean, no third-party compression/optimization methods are used.

My Virtual GSM Image takes 28 GB storage, including OS, Database, Feeds, updates … etc … running under GOS.

Please tell me, how much space did gvm take up immediately after downloading all the feeds and before compressing/optimizing the databases?

That is the Virtual HDD size on my VM-HOST, so there is nothing more to tell.

Here my internal filesystem layout:

Filesystem               Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev                     3.9G     0  3.9G   0% /dev
tmpfs                    791M  780K  791M   1% /run
/dev/mapper/vgroup-root   20G   12G  7.2G  62% /
tmpfs                    3.9G  248K  3.9G   1% /dev/shm
tmpfs                    5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
/dev/sda2                378M  124M  231M  35% /boot
/dev/sda1                100M  9.4M   91M  10% /boot/efi

As you can see, GVM needs less then 10GB install space on GOS, with other uncoordinated integrations please check at thier ressources.

A post was split to a new topic: The third time I installed pure Kali-Linux