How generally OpenVAS feed updates

Hello,

Please advise how generally OpenVAS new feed updates come?

Iam using Greenbone Security Assistant Version 7.0.3. I did tried manual update the feed and I am able to to do so through CLI with no error but the database remains old one.

I did run below cmdlets, Its completed without any error but the databases remains old one.

sudo runuser -u _gvm – greenbone-nvt-sync
sudo greenbone-feed-sync --type GVMD_DATA
sudo greenbone-feed-sync --type SCAP
sudo greenbone-feed-sync --type CERT

Below are the current feeds

VT NVTs Greenbone Community Feed 201904041051 Too old (1827 days) - Please check the automatic synchronization of your system
SCAP CVEs, CPEs, OVAL Definitions OpenVAS SCAP Feed 201904022300 Too old (1828 days) - Please check the automatic synchronization of your system

|CERT| CERT-Bund Advisories, DFN-CERT Advisories|OpenVAS CERT Feed|201904030000|Too old (1828 days) - Please check the automatic synchronization of your system|

Thanks
G

It should be obvious that you have neglected to update your vulnerability feed and are using a wildly outdated version of Greenbone. Obviously, you need to

1. Update your current version of Greenbone to a more recent one.
  2. Read the documentation and manuals for Greenbone
  3. Continue to update and maintain your Greenbone installation and your knowledge of the various Greenbone components if you expect it to work.

However, there is a much more simple approach to running Greenbone. The Greenbone Cloud Service is a managed cloud service that allow you to do vulnerability scanning in a simple push button manner without installing, maintaining complex software. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks rippledj for the response but I want to know how soon the new feeds are available to update with latest NVT, SCRAP etc.

Thanks
Gopal