GVMD Data Not updated

I am having a very strange issue, I think there is something that I am missing. I have built a new system using Debian Linux and then followed the “Building 22.4 from Scratch” instructions (there were great). In the last steps, I Updated the feeds and checked the GVMD.Log file and I see the following lines:
Finished loading VTs. The VT cache has been updated from version X to Y.
OSP service has different VT status (version X) from database (version (Y), Z VTs). Starting update …
Updating VTs in database … done (X VTs).
update_scap_end: Updating SCAP info succeeded
sync_cert: Updating CERT info succeeded.

I however do not see:
Port list All IANA assigned TCP (33d0cd82-57c6-11e1-8ed1-406186ea4fc5) has been created by admin
Report format XML (a994b278-1f62-11e1-96ac-406186ea4fc5) has been created by admin
Scan config Full and fast (daba56c8-73ec-11df-a475-002264764cea) has been created by admin

My question is, how can I force this update to occur? Was there something basic which I have missed in the configuration?

I I did try to run a scan and it successfully did a alive ping and succeeded but it never continued. I am assuming that is because I am missing the above lines in my log.

Thank you for your help.

This may be due to the problem described in topic Looks like greenbone/vulnerability-tests version 5958053f7549 is corrupted - #11 by brafreider.

The GVMD_DATA component, which includes the scan configs, report formats and port lists, is updated at the end of the feed update, and due to the problem above the feed update may get stuck earlier at the SCAP component.

Please check the above topic for any updates regarding this.

1 Like