GSAD reports generate IP addresses that don't match the names

I installed GSM from source and can give more details below, but first maybe someone can shed some light as to why this is happening without those details.

Built everything, run the scan, it finds results. All should be well. However, digging into this scan, I notice IP addresses not matching the names in the reports. Fore example, I run a scan, it finds a vulnerability called “Too long OPTIONS parameter” at Host IP-1.2.3.4, and Name-downloads.mysite.c om. However, when I go to the hosts tab, “downloads.mysite.c om” are nowhere to be found. Additionally, that host IP address 1.2.3.4 isn’t even utilized on our network. However, the download is a valid website in the /24 network scanned at 1.2.3.10, it’s just not the correct IP.

So, does anyone have any idea what is going on here? Let me know if a sanitized picture may help.

GVM versions

gsa: (‘gsad --version’) = Greenbone Security Assistant 9.0+alpha~git-199a606a8-master

gvm: (‘gvmd --version’)=
Greenbone Vulnerability Manager 9.0+alpha~git-b00e6ee6-master
GIT revision b00e6ee6-master
Manager DB revision 207

openvas-scanner: (‘openvassd --version’)
OpenVAS Scanner 7.0+beta1
GIT revision a8c3fc9-master
gvm-libs: = 11.0+beta1~git-c1215084-master

Environment

Operating system:
Kernel: (‘uname -a’) = Linux GreenboneVM 4.19.0-0.bpo.4-cloud-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.28-2~bpo9+1 (2019-03-27) x86_64 GNU/Linux
Installation method / source: source code from github, used make commands/install

I’m going to reply to myself here. After putting in the versions here, realized when I did my git requests I somehow went past GVM 10.0 into next level beta versions. Sooooo, I’m in the process of installing the GVM 10.0 modules from tar.gz files and will report back if that fixed the issue or not.

This would have been my suggestion as well:

The github master branches are development versions not officially released and where all the development is happening. Such versions might show unexpected behavior or could even break/be in a temporary unusable state at any time.

In your case it seems you even have used a master branch on a state before the final GVM 10 release which could be an additional reason for this behavior.

For productive use it is strongly suggested to stay with the official announced source code releases in About the Greenbone Source Edition (GSE) category.