Greenbone 22.04.11 Community Edition Virtual Machine: hot to update feeds automatically

Dear Users,

I would like to configure a crontab job in order to start automatic feeds updates on a daily basis.
Surfing on the forum, I found several commands that I should add to the update crontab job script.
Unfortunately, they are not working or are not available.

In addition, I would like to install and configure a mail notification service.
I read that I should install and configure postfix. Is it true? Is it still the right way to enable notifications?

Could you please help me to complete these tasks?

Many thanks in advance,
Mauro

Hey,

I suppose you are using the Greenbone Enterprise TRIAL 22.04.11. This is a trial version of our product and not a community product. The Greenbone Enterprise TRIAL It’s not intended to be adjusted.

If you want to have something to play with please take a look at Greenbone Community Documentation

5 Likes

In addition, the Greenbone Enterprise TRIAL is already configured to automatically download the feed on a daily basis.

You can configure the time of the automatic sync via the GOS administration menu Setup > Time.

You can enable/disable the automatic sync via the GOS administration menu Setup > Feed > Synchronisation.

As @bricks mentioned, we do not support any other configuration options for feed updates on the Greenbone Enterprise TRIAL.

4 Likes