We are happy to present our first self-learning course!
The first basic course deals with vulnerability scanning using the Greenbone Security Manager. You can participate on the self-learning platform tryhackme.
The course is suitable for anyone who wants to work with a Greenbone vulnerability management solution for the first time. No previous knowledge is necessary!
In the course we use the GSM TRIAL and a total of 11 tasks lead us from a basic system setup to a feed update to a first scan followed by a report evaluation.
The following content is part of the course:
- Introduction to vulnerability management
- Setup of the virtual appliance
- First setup of the Greenbone Operating System
- Performing a feed update
- Getting to know the web interface
- Using the task wizard
- Configuring and running a first scan
- Reading and understanding reports
And this is how it works:
- Open https://tryhackme.com/ in a browser.
- Click “Join Now” at the top right and create a free account.
- Confirm e-mail address.
- Log in to tryhackme.
- Move the mouse over the profile picture in the upper right corner and click “My Rooms”.
- In the input box “Room Code…”, enter the course code gsmforstarters.
- Click “Enter room”.
We always appreciate your direct feedback. If you would like to tell us about your experience with the course “GSM for Starters", please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the future, we are planning and working on more courses, including a basic course for our Greenbone Cloud Services and an advanced course for the Greenbone Security Manager. So, stay tuned!