Feed Update Issue

I have a problem with the feed update. I am unable to update in any way, also can’t ping to 8.8.8.8 in power shell (connect: network is unreachable) according to the attached picture

Greenbone version: GVM/OpenVAS V20.08
Too old (969 days) Please check the automatic synchronization of your system

Hi,

I suppose you are using a very old version of our Greenbone Enterprise TRIAL VM. Please download a current version from Greenbone Enterprise TRIAL 14 days for free - Greenbone

2 Likes

Hi bricks, Why do you say Greenbone TRIAL 14 days for free, I think Greenbone is open source, Right?

Hi,

sorry that link description got added by the forum software automatically.

Yes the Greenbone Community Edition is Free Software/Open Source. You can build, change and distribute it on your own. See Greenbone Community Documentation for more details on how to use it.

The Greenbone Enterprise TRIAL is a VM to test our product. It’s not free software as far as I can tell. The Greenbone Enterprise TRIAL ships with the Greenbone Community Feed and can be used without any time limitations. To test our commercial Greenbone Enterprise Feed you can get a testing license to be used with the TRIAL. The testing license is valid for 14 days. That’s were the link description comes from. You don’t need to get a testing license to use the Greenbone Enterprise TRIAL.

2 Likes

Hi bricks,
So I can always use the GVM/OpenVAS V22.04.14 without limitation or time period.
also, I don’t need to get a testing license to use the Greenbone Enterprise TRIAL.

@bricks
Hi bricks,
So I can always use the GVM/OpenVAS V22.04.14 without limitation or time period.
also, I don’t need to get a testing license to use the Greenbone Enterprise TRIAL.

Yes.

Just a side note: The version number 22.04.14 refers to the version of the Greenbone Enterprise TRIAL. There is and likely will be no Greenbone Community Edition/GVM/OpenVAS with this version.

Yes.

Dear bricks,
After I installed GVM/OpenVAS V22.04.14 I found the feed status as the below:

Too old (54 days) Please check the automatic synchronization of your system

Dear bricks,
After I installed GVM/OpenVAS V22.04.14 I found the feed status as the below:

Too old (54 days) Please check the automatic synchronization of your system

Again

This is NOT the GVM/OpenVAS/Greenbone Community Edition.

If you still want to use the Greenbone Enterprise TRIAL please download the LATEST version from https://www.greenbone.net/en/testnow

1 Like