ERROR: OpenVAS Scanner too old or too new: 22.4.0

We used the steps mentioned in the Building 22.4 from Source - Greenbone Community Documentation. When we check the installation with sudo gvm-check-setup, we are seeing the error as below

gvm-check-setup 21.4.3
Test completeness and readiness of GVM-21.4.3
Step 1: Checking OpenVAS (Scanner)…
ERROR: OpenVAS Scanner too old or too new: 22.4.0
FIX: Please install OpenVAS Scanner >= 21.4.

ERROR: Your GVM-21.4.3 installation is not yet complete!

Please follow the instructions marked with FIX above and run this
script again.

Does this mean that using 22.4 we will not be able to scan? if so, how to downgrade the application to suggested 21.4 version?

Also, why are we unable to run with the 22.4 latest version?

Thanks,
Suhas

The gvm-check-setup script ist not part of the Greenbone Community Edition and therefore not maintained by Greenbone. It is provided by some Linux distributions like Kali. Currently Kali shipps with the 21.4 old stable release of the Greenbone Community Edition. Thus the script might not be aware of the 22.4 release and can’t detect it.

2 Likes

Thanks @bricks.
I would lile to take your help with setting up openVAS. As I mentioned before, we have followed the steps mentioned in the Building 22.4 from Source - Greenbone Community Documentation and my application is up and running. But I am unable to do a single scan in my system. How do we do achieve this activity?

We have installed it in Ubuntu 22.4. Please let me know if I have to provide any other details.

Thanks,
Suhas

To get some community support for this problem please create a new topic explaining your current problem in detail (e.g. what is happening, what doesn’t work, screenshots etc.).

This should hopefully increase the chances for getting support.

1 Like