Error in installing gvm-setup

Hi please i need the help of anyone available i am new here. i need help with my gvm-setup i keep having and error

What the error message doesn’t tell you is that you also have to swap the PostgreSQL ports. You need to modify the /etc/postgresql/16/main/postgresql.conf and /etc/postgresql/15/main/postgresql.conf files and adjust the ports so that PG version 16 uses port = 5432.

Then restart PostgreSQL service:

$ sudo systemctl restart posgresql

You can change version 15 to another port, or otherwise, uninstall it completely. For future reference, if you are using an older Kali install media, you should do a full update and upgrade which will automatically manage the pg_upgradecluster for you but I think you will still need to migrate the service ports.

$ sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y
1 Like

Hi Good morning i want to say a big thank you because this solution is exactly what i needed i am really grateful it works so perfectly.

1 Like

Note that manually modifying config files should be avoided because it is not required and might even cause issues like seen in Error runing the tail -f gvmd.log and opening my firefox.

As this is not directly related to the Greenbone software stack but about database migration and maintenance of PostgreSQL it is suggested to follow external resources on how to “fully” migrate and upgrade the underlying PostgreSQL database like mentioned in e.g.: