Difference in the number of NVTs versions 21.4.3 and 22.4

Good morning, I noticed a difference in the number of NVTs in this newer version. What happened?

Sorry I don’t get it. Without giving more context nobody can answer your question.

In Version 21.4.3 we now have NVTs 104776 of 104776, in Version 22.4.0 we have NVTs 82367 of 82367. What would that difference be now?

In Version 21.4.3 we now have NVTs 104776 of 104776, in Version 22.4.0 we have NVTs 82367 of 82367. What would that difference be now?

The feed does have 104776 NVTs at the moment, i would check your synchronization and your tool chain.

I’ve already checked it’s a fresh install.I noticed that S.O Suse’s NVTs have decreased. I checked this post, talking about a case that happened a while ago.

What’s you installation method? It’s very likely you are missing the VTs for/from notus.

We compile all these modules: gvm_libs, openvas_scanner, pg-gvm, gvmd, gsa, gsad, gvm_tools, openvas_smb, ospd_openvas, python_gvm we don’t use notus.

In that case this explains the difference. So called local security checks vulnerability tests are done by notus-scanner with 22.04 now. If you don’t use notus-scanner you will only get the VTs for the openvas-scanner with 22.04.

So either stay with 21.04 or follow our docs and install notus-scanner. Hint: you also need to set up another daemon for notus-scanner called mosquitto.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, just one more question. With notus-scanner openvas gains more performance in scans?

Some background about notus-scanner can be found at

1 Like