Connection refused attempting to connect to gvmd via socket

I have followed the Greenbone documentation and tutorial step by step, yet I am encountering issues with the sockets. When attempting to connect, I receive the error message:

ERROR:gvmtools.cli:Could not connect to socket /tmp/gvm/gvmd/gvmd.sock. Error was [Errno 61] Connection refused

Moreover, after adjusting the specified volumes according to this tutorial: Workflows - Greenbone Community Documentation, I am no longer able to access the web interface(everything were fine before making the adjustment though). The socket file is created at the /tmp/gvm/gvmd location, and correct permissions have been applied to it.

For additional context, I am using Docker on Mac OS Senoma. Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Since you mentioned that you are running the containers on macOS perhaps you should read this post for some context.

The good news is that it seems they were able to successfully use Greenbone’s web-interface (GSA) and run scans from the Docker containers installed on macOS. However, their issue was a socket issue related to gvm-cli accessing the same gvmd socket and it could be solved by adding an

Here are some thing you can try to uncover the problem:

1. Check the comprehensive log output when starting the containers.
$ docker compose -f $DOWNLOAD_DIR/docker-compose.yml -p greenbone-community-edition logs -f
  1. Gain a terminal for the container and check the gvmd.sock file.
$ docker compose -f $DOWNLOAD_DIR/docker-compose.yml -p greenbone-community-edition exec <container-name> /bin/bash