Combined all pdf reports for vulnerability scanning as a single pdf report

1. I am new to GVM I need to get the Combined pdf reports for all vulnerability scanning as a single pdf report. I did scanning but the result is each report for each targets. How can I automate all vulnerability scanning report as a single pdf report?

Hi Menbere, welcome to the Greenbone community forum.

To do that, you need to combine all your target hosts into a single target and use that target to create a single scan task. The target can accept several IP addresses or hostnames as comma-separated, or an IP range, or CIDR class.

In other words, the reports can only be created for a single scan task so you need to combine all the targets into a single scan task.

1 Like

Hi rippledj,
Thank you for the response. I was trying to do that for three targets and it works. is there no problem to work for large networks? I mean the GVM can not crushed for many number of workstations?

I have one other question : when generating the scan report under the Vulnerability Detection Result has display many port results , so how can I remove this results on the report because I do not need these details?

The scans have settings to manage how many hosts and NVTs can be run concurrently, so you can configure your GVM server to manage a large target. The default upper limit is 4095 hosts. You can read why here. So, the max hosts number is quite high.

If you are talking about the reports for a large number of hosts, then you can use a filter to filter the scan task results and then create a filtered report say per IP or groups of IPs.

I suggest starting with a solid review of the manual and scanning a host section.

If you have another question, please create a new thread for it. Thanks.

1 Like

Great I do not have that much hosts and good if it works like that. Thank you for your fast response. I will send you a question after working on it with a new thread please reply as today please.
Thank you.

I installed gvm-cli for my windows from greenbone portal. I have installed gvm on my kali Linux virtual machine and using the GSA Web - UI I can start scanning. But I want to scan and generate a report by gvm from the commandline without the web interface. But I couldn’t even authenticate and connect to the gvm.

• gvm-cli – command line interface for controlling GVM without the need for the GSA web-interface
  • gvm-script – command line interface for running custom python scripts and extend the automation capabilities of GVM.

Error generated like below
gvm-cli tls --hostname 127.0.0.1 --port 9392 --xml “root</userna
me>kali”
[WinError 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

urgent solution please.

You will probably find that using the python-gvm package is easier to interact with gvmd than manually submitting XML strings via gvm-cli. The documentation pages comes with install instructions and some examples for authenticating and doing basic tasks. Here is a complete list of functions you can call.

1 Like

The TLS (and also SSH) connection don’t work out of the box. You need to adjust gvmd to use TLS for the Greenbone Management Protocol (GMP). By default gvmd uses a unix socket connection only.

3 Likes

Hi rippledj
Thank you for the response. As I am new to GVM I have other questions please.

I have a project to my company and I have three questions so could you provide me your support please?

1. Which module of GVM is triggered from the command line for scanning and how?
  2. Next how to provide the IP-addresses for that module to start scanning and then
  3. I want to get the XML/pdf output of the scan result.

I am reading and following the steps on the Tech doc of Greenbone but still I couldn’t solve.
I have GVM already installed in my Kali Linux virtual machine, the web-UI works fine at 127.0…1:9392 for the scanning and it generates a pdf as well as xml report. And also I downloaded the gvm-cli installed python-gvm and gvmtools in my windows 11 machine. But I need to do this tasks without using the UI that means automating scanning from the command line. Your urgent response please?