Can't start terminal docker

CONTAINER ID   IMAGE                            COMMAND                  CREATED        STATUS                      PORTS                                       NAMES
638496cccaf3   greenbone/gvm-tools              "/usr/local/bin/entr…"   16 hours ago   Exited (0) 16 hours ago                                                 greenbone-community-edition-gvm-tools-1
1bfef8a0ce9c   greenbone/gsa:stable             "/usr/local/bin/entr…"   16 hours ago   Up 55 seconds               0.0.0.0:9392->80/tcp, :::9392->80/tcp       greenbone-community-edition-gsa-1
3b92dcf21536   greenbone/gvmd:stable            "/usr/local/bin/entr…"   16 hours ago   Up 55 seconds                                                           greenbone-community-edition-gvmd-1
c3006eb74a85   greenbone/notus-scanner:stable   "/usr/local/bin/entr…"   16 hours ago   Exited (0) 36 minutes ago                                               greenbone-community-edition-notus-scanner-1
1847f01e4869   greenbone/ospd-openvas:stable    "/usr/bin/tini -- /u…"   16 hours ago   Exited (0) 4 minutes ago                                                greenbone-community-edition-ospd-openvas-1
f1d5a434e8f2   greenbone/report-formats         "/bin/init.sh"           16 hours ago   Exited (0) 16 hours ago                                                 greenbone-community-edition-report-formats-1
83c1e3a4c918   greenbone/dfn-cert-data          "/bin/init.sh"           16 hours ago   Exited (0) 16 hours ago                                                 greenbone-community-edition-dfn-cert-data-1
4f688b4516e9   greenbone/mqtt-broker            "/bin/sh -c 'mosquit…"   16 hours ago   Up 55 seconds               0.0.0.0:1883->1883/tcp, :::1883->1883/tcp   greenbone-community-edition-mqtt-broker-1
9b2c4a6953ba   greenbone/pg-gvm:stable          "/usr/local/bin/entr…"   16 hours ago   Up 55 seconds                                                           greenbone-community-edition-pg-gvm-1
4983de5ec853   greenbone/data-objects           "/bin/init.sh"           16 hours ago   Exited (0) 16 hours ago                                                 greenbone-community-edition-data-objects-1
5cc541754560   greenbone/scap-data              "/bin/init.sh"           16 hours ago   Exited (0) 16 hours ago                                                 greenbone-community-edition-scap-data-1
faff5518abce   greenbone/cert-bund-data         "/bin/init.sh"           16 hours ago   Exited (0) 16 hours ago                                                 greenbone-community-edition-cert-bund-data-1
a9107f0f1984   greenbone/redis-server           "/bin/sh -c 'rm -f /…"   16 hours ago   Up 55 seconds                                                           greenbone-community-edition-redis-server-1
1920ad4dc804   greenbone/gpg-data               "/bin/init.sh"           16 hours ago   Exited (0) 16 hours ago                                                 greenbone-community-edition-gpg-data-1
763b34093d7c   greenbone/vulnerability-tests    "/bin/init.sh"           16 hours ago   Exited (0) 16 hours ago                                                 greenbone-community-edition-vulnerability-tests-1
de9814db1f6a   greenbone/notus-data             "/bin/init.sh"           16 hours ago   Exited (0) 16 hours ago                                                 greenbone-community-edition-notus-data-1
debian@debian:~$ docker compose -f $DOWNLOAD_DIR/docker-compose.yml -p greenbone-community-edition exec greenbone-community-edition-gsa-1 /bin/bash
service "greenbone-community-edition-gsa-1" is not running
debian@debian:~$ 

Why i can’t access to docker terminal ? I install it from Workflows - Greenbone Community Documentation
I don’t know I wrong COMMAND or somthing else please help me to access to terminal. I need to change port 9392 to another port.
Best Regards.

Hi,

<container-name> in the docs is not the container name from the docker container ls command output. You need to use the the container/service name from the compose file.

The command needs to be

docker compose -f $DOWNLOAD_DIR/docker-compose.yml -p greenbone-community-edition exec gsa /bin/bash

But nevertheless gaining shell access wont let you change the startup command for gsad. For that purpose you need to set the environment variable GSAD_ARGS of the gsa container/service in the compose file and afterwards you need to restart the container.

2 Likes

So how can I change port on the docker comtainer ?

To quote myself

1 Like