Can't connect to gmp from python api

Hello everyone,

First of all, I’m aware that the is others topic on similar subject but I didn’t found any answer here, neither in the documentation.

I want to use the python gvm api to create task and target, launch the scan and get the results, everything without using the web interface.

So I firstly installed GVM from the dockerhub. Surprisingly it is working fine. I can test every ip addresses I am directly connected to.

Then, I installed the python-gvm api and here is the problem, I can’t make the connection to the server.
I tried to use the UnixSocketConnection but I couldn’t find the gvmd.sock.

Then I tried the SSHConnection by installing and initialising openssh into the docker, but even with this I where not able to connect, because of the lack of certificate configuration with the python-gvm api.

Finally I tried to use the TLSConnection but I have errors mentioning SSL unexpected EOF

So I’m here to ask you if you have any way to connect to the Gmp.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

NB : I’m using Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Hello hello… I believe this is what you’re looking for.

Exposing gvmd Unix socket for GMP Access

Thank you for your reply, I think it’s a thing I missed.

However, the documentation tell us to modify the docker-compose.yml file. But this file isn’t existing on my computer, and the link in the documentation leads to 404 web pages :frowning:

I found how to solve and make everything working.

You just have to follow the entire installation here : Greenbone Community Containers 22.4 - Greenbone Community Documentation

And just after you download the docker-compose.yml, you will have to follow this

Then everything work fine. Thank you @Robeen for your help ! :slight_smile: