Cannot update GVM feeds (rsync: failed to connect to feed.community.greenbone.net))

Hi,

It’s the first time that i try to update my GVM feeds,
The feed status is set to Too old (205 days) and i using the 20.08.1 version of the product.

Everytime when i execute the update command the following error apears:

greenbone-nvt-sync
Sleeping for 5 minutes

rsync: failed to connect to feed.community.greenbone.net (45.135.106.143): Connection timed out (110)
rsync: failed to connect to feed.community.greenbone.net (2a0e:6b40:20:106:20c:29ff:fe7f:d2ae): Network is unreachable (101)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(127) [Receiver=3.1.3]

The feed is working? Am i connected to a wrong feed server?

Any help is appreciated.

Hello

We are getting same error, any help?

sudo -u gvm greenbone-nvt-sync
rsync: [Receiver] failed to connect to feed.community.greenbone.net (45.135.106.143): Connection timed out (110)
rsync: [Receiver] failed to connect to feed.community.greenbone.net (2a0e:6b40:20:106:20c:29ff:fe7f:d2ae): Network is unreachable (101)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(138) [Receiver=3.2.3]

Our server already connected to the Internet, and also we tried with different Internet connection

Hello, MrRabbit

I still facing the problem, tried a lot of things but none of them worked.

There is a post in the community about bandwith limitation , maybe is because of this limitation that we are not getting access to Greenbone feeds.

There are several threads about this topic in the forum already

TLDR: We don’t use http - therefore not ports 80 or 443 - but instead rsync which is using port 873. Please ensure that your firewall is not blocking this connection and IPv6 can be used too.

2 Likes

Hello, Bricks

Hope your day is going well.

PfSense was blocking the connection in the port 873 and not generating any log. All i had to do is just create a new rule and now the feeds are working great.

Thank you.

1 Like