gvmd: 21.4.3~git-c4ad58e-HEAD
openvas-scanner: 21.4.3~git-3d60c3d0-HEAD
gvm-libs: 21.4.3~git-f02033a6-HEAD

Environment

Operating system: CentOS 8.4
Kernel: 4.18.0-305.10.2.el8_4.x86_64
Installation method / source: Manual from git latest tag

Hello,

When a time-bound task is planned to run periodically, most of the time the related report is created separately from previous reports, no issue.
But sometimes, and only when a task hasn’t had the time to complete, the report is merged with the previous report. Is that the intended behavior as it is considered that the task continues its previous occurrence? How can I prevent that behavior?
Currently, I have to delete and re-create the task each time this happens, else subsequent reports will continue to be merged.

• In the picture below you can see a report for a task that run every 4th of the month that was created in January but the report for the last occurrence in February has been merged and no stand-alone report for February was created:

• Might worth to mention that in tasks view the incomplete merged reports are not displayed as last report even if they actually are.

Any clue would be welcome!

Hi @TMLZD,

That is interesting. I didn’t see anything like this when I was searching and report merging from incomplete tasks is not standard behavior. It looks like your install was built from a branch and I don’t know if it’s repeatable on our end, so I’m wondering if you’d see the same behavior with a stable release.

Hello @DeeAnn ,
Thanks for confirmation that is not standard behavior.
A detail I forgot is that this installation was updated from 20.8.1 and this behavior could already be observed before the update.
Anyway, I’ll try with a fresh install.

1 Like

Thanks! And please let us know if that works.

Could be related to the following pull request below which has the following comment:

This is causing to leave some results or keys in the host’s kb, after the kbs were released, which could produce to mix results for the next started scan.

1 Like