OpenVas + Postfix Email Alerts

Hello

Currently I have OpenVas running on a Linux Server with Postfix installed to send out daily email alerts to notify when a scan has started and ended.

Unfortunately, I did not set this up but I am now responsible for maintaining this setup and currently need to add additional recipient email addresses to the current list of email addresses. The system itself works perfectly fine, my only problem is I have no idea how to add more email addresses to be included in the email alerts when they are sent out.

To make things even more complicated, the individual who set this system up did not use the built in alerts menu in the OpenVas GUI since I don’t see any current Alert configuration in the OpenVas web interface. I’m assuming a script was developed and placed on the server, and I have to find it somewhere on the server to change the recipients. I’m not sure which directory or folder I would have to look at to change or edit the list of recipients.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Hi @Hammad and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I’m sorry to say that it doesn’t look like anything we’d be able to advise with, as we don’t know how the prior admin set it up either, especially with the possibility of custom scripts being used. If you end up with a new install of the Community Edition later that you install yourself we can probably help with that. Thanks for understanding.

1 Like